Building/Plumbing Inspector:
Keystone Municipal Services
Inspections by appointment
Phone (610) 328-4830

For almost any type of construction or remodeling, a building or zoning permit is required.

A building permit must be obtained for various types of projects including but not limited to the following: demolition, new construction, additions, renovations, alterations or changes to buildings, structures, dwellings and accessory buildings, sheds, porches, patios, decks, above and in-ground swimming pools, fences, sidewalks, driveways, curbs, plumbing and electrical improvements, signs, storage tanks, HVAC systems and fire suppression systems.

An application for a building permit can be obtained at Borough Hall or downloaded from this page. Please call Borough Hall at 215-757-3768 for any questions concerning building permits.

A zoning permit must be issued by the Zoning Officer prior to a use being established or a change in use. Also for the erection, construction, alteration, reconstruction, or removal of an existing structure and prior to a building being occupied or change in use. A zoning permit application may be obtained by coming into Borough Hall during posted business hours, or downloading it from this page. If you have any questions please call Borough Hall at 215-757-3768.

During the building process a number of inspections will need to be completed by the Building Inspector. Please schedule your inspections accordingly. Any questions you have regarding the inspection process or scheduling can be discussed with the Building Inspector.

The building and zoning process ensures that all building specifications, materials and installations are up to code and accordingly, safe for the occupants. Proof of insurance and zoning requirements are also addressed through this process as well.

Please remember that if the property is within the historical district then review from the Historical Architectural Review Board needs to be completed as well.

Please remember to call 811 before digging to have underground utility lines marked. Striking an underground electric or natural gas line can cause serious injury, damages and service interruption. Every digging project, no matter how large or small warrants a call to 811. Installing a mailbox, building a deck, planting a tree and laying a patio are all examples of digging projects where a call to 811 should be one of the first steps.

Use and Occupancy Inspections:
A residential or commercial Use and Occupancy inspection and certificate are required whenever real estate within the borough is sold or rented to a new tenant. The application may be picked up at Borough Hall or downloaded from this page. Also available is a check list of some of the common items included in the inspections. There is a $ 100.00 fee for residential inspections and a $150.00 fee for commercial inspections.

Building Permit Application

Fence Permission Letter

Zoning Permit Application

Use and Occupancy Permit Application

Print Friendly, PDF & Email